Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wow Chicago

So its been over a year and a half.
I magically came across my old Google account. And found this blog which i thought had been deleted.

Let me just say A LOT HAS HAPPENED THIS PAST YEAR.
I really don't know where to begin. I Had been working with a few up and coming Fashion Stylist, who did various events, photo-shoots, etc. But here is a Re-cap of my time in while i was blogging


my very first major fashion event
More about this here:
http://coco4fashion.blogspot.com/2010/05/revamped-fashion-art-show.html
photo-shoot for Hush Magazine
so sad i never got around to blogging about it

And Yes I even Got To Model A few times



Fashion Show
Some other Events i did:
http://coco4fashion.blogspot.com/2010/07/drapes-fashion-show.html
http://coco4fashion.blogspot.com/2010/03/whats-up.html
47th floor living

And so much more!
So life with Fashion was going pretty sweet.
When suddenly i had a change a heart on Fashion and decided to switch to Illustration and Design. I was slowly outgrowing my Fashion Lifestyle. However i still Love Fashion. I just wasn't going at it the way i wanted. And wasn't quite sure where i would find my niche.

So over the summer I had the opportunity to Intern with Michael Allen Stein, on two film sets. The experience was absolutely invaluable and If i had the opportunity again i would take it in a heart beat.
costume warehouse

On set viewing the monitor with director and team

on set on location

However Costuming wasn't really my thing either. So in the Fall I had this Amazing opportunity to Work for Top Shop/Top Man store opening on Michigan Ave in Chicago.

I worked there and 6 months later started working for Zara.
Fashion retail wasn't my thing either.

By this time i wasn't enrolled in school and was no longer living in my luxury high rise. All my opportunities had came and went and i was left with amazing memories. All my inspiration to be in fashion were gone. I still love it though but I'm still trying to find my niche. But it has been an amazing 2 and a half years in Chicago.
Ive learned so much about real life, and living, money, relationships, and friendship. Now all there is to do is move foreword

Special thanks too:
Mark and June Jones (mommy and Daddy)
Valeria Boggs
SGI-USA Chicago
Redgi Woods
Gabriel Krueger
Michael Allen Stein
Elisabeth Lissete Aguilar
Sheeon Payne and Kevin Dobash
Carl Reed & Exodus Studios
Kashif Moore
Rashid  Chapeyama
TopShop Chicago
Zara Michigan Ave.
The Illinois Institute of Art- Chicago
Harold Washington College
FanFoto
Potbelly's Sandwich
And All the wonderful nice people i worked with over these years!

A New Chapter has Begun, and I couldn't Have Started it with out you!

No comments:

Post a Comment